She is a former student of The Royal College of Art where she was taught by Sir Christopher Frayling – Rector of the RCA and later Chairman of the Art’s Council and by Charles Saumarez-Smith – Director of the Royal Academy.
- Deputy Director of The Chartered Society of Designers – CSD
- Director of The Industry Lead Body for Design – ILBD
- Director at the Design Council in London until retirement. I also worked on many other projects during my time at the Design Council.
- Royal Society of Art – RSA – Committee for the development of ideas for the celebration of their 200 year anniversary.
- On the interior design committee for the re-design of the RSA library area.
- A judge for the RSA Student Design Awards
- A lecture tour in China for The British Council, to advise on the UK’s Design and Technology curriculum
- Education Department – member of Lord Puttnam’s committee on Developing Creativity in Education
- Member of the Council for Higher Education in Art & Design – CHEAD
- Advisor and visitor to the Government of Mauritius to develop courses for a further education college in their country and to establish accreditation for them
- An Inspector of FE colleges for the Further Education Funding Council
She ran on behalf of the Design Council with Essex County Council Education Department a development – called ‘Touching the Earth Lightly’ of an environmentally sustainable primary school which was designed built at Notley Garden Village. This informed government’s ‘Movement for Innovation’ as a demonstration of environmentally sensitive construction.
Moira was the recipient in 2013 of the Society of East Anglian Watercolour Society President's Award and in 2017 the East Anglian Watercolourist Tindall's Award.